In Part I of this article, I discussed the many features you should consider when buying a massage chair recliner, as well as the durability aspect of your new massage chair. Let’s get on with the remaining 7 “Absolute Musts” to consider when looking into a new massage chair recliner.
#3. Ease of Repair
Due to the weight and bulk of a massage chair recliner, simple repairs can become trouble when you have to ship an entire chair back to the manufacturer just to repair something as simple as a tear in the material. For this reason, I suggest looking into a chair that is constructed with a modular design. This makes repair cheap and easy. If a part is broken or material is torn, the modular design will allow you to isolate the damaged part and send it off for repair so much easier and cheaper than sending off the whole chair.
#4. Customer Service
As far as I am concerned, this is probably the most important thing of all. If something does happen to your chair or if you are concerned about any function of your chair, it is so great to have a company that is always available to answer your questions. This puts your mind at ease and you can’t put a price on that. So, make sure that whatever chair you buy has a good company backing it up. Whether that is the manufacturer, the seller, or both…you want peace of mind right from the start of your relationship with them.
#5. Massage Chair Recliner Price
Even the cheapest massage chair still costs hundreds of dollars, so even at a minimum they are not cheap. You will need to invest quite a bit of money to get a new chair you can count on. Prices, however, do not need to be sky-high. Depending on what kind of features you want and/or need, the price of one chair can range anywhere from $1000 – $6000. Quite a spread, isn’t it? Well, you can get a chair with all the necessary massage therapy features for between $2000 – $3000. If you want real leather vs. man-made leather, an MP3 player, a USB port, or headphones, etc., of course you will need to pay for those extras. But for the basic features of massage therapy, you do not need to overspend. In addition, when you compare the price of your chair to regular visits to a massage therapist or chiropractor, over time the price of the massage chair recliner is far less than what you’d pay out for all those therapy visits.
#6. Money Back Guarantee
Make sure that you know if your retailer backs up the sale of your new massage chair with at least a 30 day unconditional money back guarantee. If not, then you should be a little skeptical, as this is a red flag. This goes back to customer service (#4). They MUST stand behind their product. How else can you feel good about your purchase if it’s not backed up by the seller? Some companies even offer 60 or 90 day money back guarantees!
By the way, it is standard policy for virtually every massage chair recliner retailer/distributor that you are responsible for shipping and freight back to the seller if you do decide to return your chair. Shipping can cost anywhere from $150-$400.00, it isn’t cheap!
#7. Adjustable to Different Body Sizes
I have seen some chair companies that offer “sizing” for a chair. With some product lines that may be necessary, but with a well-manufactured chair, height and width adjustments are standard and can cater to virtually every body type. Some chairs now even come with a detached ottoman so that the chair can cater to someone that is 6’10” as well as someone who is 5’4″.
Most chairs will handle up to 300 pounds of body weight. If you are buying your new massage recliner for someone who weighs more than this, make sure you take into account how much weight the chair can support.
#8. Remote Control
Virtually every new massage recliner comes with a remote control of some sort to make chair adjustments. Some remotes come with large and fancy displays, but as long as it adjusts the features of the chair, it doesn’t really matter how large or small it is or how high-tech it looks.
#9. Massage Chair Recliner Appearance
This might sound goofy or vain, but I want my chair to blend in comfortably and seamlessly with the room décor of my home or office. Don’t compromise on looks for price! You’re going to have to look at that chair everyday for as long as you’ve got it. You don’t want to be sitting in a chair you think is so ugly that it creates stress. Especially when you are using your new massage recliner for stress relief!
#10. Satisfied Customers
A salesperson will tell you everything you want to hear to get you into his/her chair. What do real and actual clients think about the massage chair recliner you are considering? Are their testimonials for you to hear or read? If you ask him for a list of some folks who have purchased their chair and you get no response…run! I will trust another buyer, just like me, before I’ll trust someone trying to sell something to me. Testimonials should be on every seller’s website or literature.
Now you have 10 things that should help you make a more educated buying decision when considering your new massage chair recliner.
- Exclusive armrest linkage system design , embedded arm clip can be pulse-type airbag extrusion...
- Real Relax Full Body Massage Chair: 4 preset automatic different massage programs, zero-gravity...
- Other Benefits: Built-In Waist Heater promotes blood circulation and improve metabolism; Seat...
- Easy to assemble: Come with a detailed user manual, it only take you little time to finish assemble.
- Warranty and Service: Our every massage chair is 100% tested before shipment, and it is backed for 3...
- Relax in this wonderful chair with reclining, heating, massaging and vibrating features.
- Soft and sturdy PU leather design suitable for intensive use, padded with extra thick sponge for...
- 2 cup holders and 4 storage bags to rest your drinks and hold magazines.
- 360 degree swivel and 150 degree recline features.
- Come with remote controller and power cord, 5 control modes and 2 intensity levels.
- Comfortsoft upholstery looks and feels like top-quality leather
- 8 vibration massage motors relax the upper back, mid back, thighs and calves
- Choose independent massage zones or from 9 pre-programmed random modes and 5 intensity levels
- Features swivel, recline and recline tension adjustment
- Soothing heat treatment in the lumbar region
- Newly designed easy to understand manual, upgraded to three levels zero gravity, Double layer...
- L-Track massage system, 3 stages of Zero Gravity, Computer body scan technology scans your body to...
- Best warranty service for online massage chair company - Easy to register warranty and request...
- Happy to Introduce LM-6800, one of the most popular real massage chair that can start your day fresh...
- L-track and heating therapy, auto YOGA stretching function and Kyro function included massage chair....
- Eight vibration massage motors relax the upper back, mid back, thighs and calves
- Choose independent massage zones or 9 pre-programmed random modes, each with 5 intensity levels
- Soothing heat treatment in lumbar area
- Features swivel, recline and recline tension adjustment
- Luxurious thick, chocolate brown padded microsuede upholstery with a wood base for the utmost...
- Massage recliner is constructed of padded PU leather and a steel, interior frame
- Attached controller manages massage intensity, heating, and the 5 different modes
- Heat and vibration mechanism targets the upper back, lower back, thighs, and feet
- Easily recline the chair and release the built-in foot rest, while the ball-bearing base features a...
- Overall dimensions are 33"(L) x 30"(W) x 42"(H), Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- Zone massage with high/low settings located in seat and back, can operate together or separate
- Lever release for reclining function
- Fully upholstered chair pad supports legs and knees
- Foam seating for added comfort and durability in this reclining rocking chair
- Sewn-in seat and back cushions
- Full Body Relax Massage Chair: 4 preset auto massage programs have different massage methods and...
- Pulsed massage for arm sections with air bag built inside and space capsule arm design.
- Extra Benefits: A heater is built inside the seat promotes blood circulation and improve metabolism....
- Easy to assemble and Use: Come with a detailed user manual, it only take you little time to finish...
- Every our massage chair is tested before shipment, and backed for 3 years warranty. We will deliver...
- Made of PU leather in a beautiful finish
- Fully reclines, rocks, and spins 360 degrees
- Heated for those crisp fall evenings
- Vibrating massage function with 5 preset settings
- Comes with attached remote
- Transcend into a peaceful relaxation while enjoying a muscle-soothing massage in this leather...
- It features 8 powerful vibration massage motors, 4 custom zone settings, 3 intensity levels, 5...
- A convenient remote puts you in control to personalize your massage experience with ease
- The extending footrest and reclining feature lets you stretch out after a long day
- Notice: If you have any concerns regarding to your health, consult your doctor before using this...