One in every three women now use hair extensions. Well, we cannot blame them as women do get tired of their usual haircuts most of the time. They are indeed fickle-minded about everything and even with their hairstyles and haircuts – from a long hair to the medium length to the shortest as pixie and bob haircuts then back again to their longest. But from having a short haircut to getting back to a longer hair might be a problem. You cannot just let it grow in days or weeks, can you? You can just cry out and hope for it to grow it back in a snap. Such a frustrating truth. But if you’ve heard of hair extensions, you won’t ever need to worry!
Celebrities even prefer this kind of procedure in getting longer hair. With their field of job, out in the movie and music industry, it is often necessary to have their hair chopped off for their respective roles and worse, have their heads shaved off. Tough, huh? Well, since hair extensions are in great demand, they may just want to try it out to suit their style and go with the flow. And so these popular icons like Lindsay Lohan, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Carey Mulligan, Jennifer Aniston, Beyonce, Halle Berry and many more have admitted of getting hair extensions. Too many to mention. Celebrity hair extensions have become widely known.
We know you want to try these hair extensions to get that natural-looking long hair. So, how would you choose the right product? Here are some guidelines.
BUYING GUIDE: HOW TO CHOOSE HAIR EXTENSIONS
- TYPE OF MATERIAL – Is it synthetic or natural? Hair extensions come in to two types of material. SYNTHETIC material is just a replica of the human hair while NATURAL hair extensions are made from human hair. The advantage of natural hair extensions is that you can treat it as if you’re styling your own hair. May it be curling or straightening, you can do so and you don’t need to worry if it gets damaged. Though a bit pricey than the synthetic ones, it guarantees durability and resistance in any procedure of styling. On the other hand, synthetic hair extensions are cheaper but more likely to get damaged when used with hair styling equipment like curling iron or flat iron or anything that produces heat. You can style it with heatless hair styling products. FUTURA, however, is a synthetic hair extension that can resist heat up to 100F. REMY hair would also be a good choice. These are tangle-free extensions. Whichever, these are all adjustable to any hairstyles.
- COLOR – One of the main reasons of getting hair extensions is to make your hair longer yet look naturally. Your option, the best rather, of the hair color is a must. If you want to make your hair look naturally long, choose a color or shade that is the same or closest to yours.
- LENGTH – Hair extensions, from the name itself, evidently extends your hair length longer than the one you have. Usual hair extensions range from 15cm to 38cm.
- STYLE – If you don’t have much time to style the hair extensions on your own, you can buy the ones that are already styled– wavy, curly and straight. They also come into different textures – silky straight, yaki or Afro-Caribbean hair, deep wave or spiral curls, loose waves, kinky curly and soft wavy.
- FASTENERS – For the clip-in hair extensions, make sure that you buy the ones with snap-in clips or toupee clips or U-shaped tines. These get the extensions tightly attached to your hair. If it is a net cap wig, lace front caps are recommended.
To get the best hair extension products, we’ve listed the Top 10 Best Hair Extension products from Amazon.
TOP 10 BEST HAIR EXTENSION PRODUCTS ON AMAZON IN 2016
If you have that light ash brown and sandy hair dye, this ombre-colored hair extensions might be the one for you. This two-toned one-piece hair extension can make your hair longer effortlessly and naturally. You just have to gently attach it to your hair and bring out a voluminous and stylish hairstyle.
Reecho synthetic clip-in hair extension is 20 inches long with 5 clips and in light brown color. You can also have it in other 16 colors. With those clips, it’s just so easy to wear. Perfect for special events or even on a date night or maybe just want to flaunt a fuller curly hair. It is made of Kanekalon fiber which is another material used for extensions for lighter and softer feeling. It can also resist heat from curling irons up to 176F.
If you don’t prefer waves and curls, this AGPtek long and straight black hair extension should be your best pick. You can flaunt that shiny and straight black hair in minutes with its light-netting lace front cap. Don’t need any clips or pins. It is made of high temperature fiber and 24 inches long.
Remy Human Hair material for a hair extension is one of the most recommended and most common actually. They are tangle-free and can easily be styled. The Emose clip-in extensions are made of this material. Thus, durable and easier to style and maintain. It comes in 8 pieces of extensions with multiple clips. It is best worn for those who have medium length hair and thick hair type.
If you want to style your hair extensions whatever you want, straight, wavy or curly, this clip-in hair extension is the best choice. Made of Kanekalon Futura material, it can resist heat from curling and straightening irons up to 377F. Thus, can be styled many times with the style of your choice – shiny and silky straight hair or soft waves and curls. The set comes in 7 pieces and 20 inches long.
Do you have that dark brown and dirty blonde ombre hair dye but want to make it naturally long? You better consider this product. It is 18 inches long and made with 70% human hair and 30% premium hair fiber. It can easily be styled according to your preference – straight, wavy or curly. With one pack, you can already add volume and length in your hair in just a matter of minutes.
The REECHO clip-in hair extension is made of Kanekalon fiber which can resist heat up to 176F from any hair ironing equipment. So, no need to worry if you want to curl or straighten it with a curling or straightening iron. It is 20 inches long and just enough to add length to your beautiful hair. The pack consists of one-piece hair extension with 5 clips.
You might be one of those who are desperate to make their hair longer in just a blink of an eye. You would be happy if you see this S-noilite 26-inch one-piece hair extension. It is made of synthetic material so it is much better if you style it with heatless products. With its durability plus proper care, it can last from 6-12 months.
If you want to make your hair longer and fuller at the same time, you’ll be needing more than just one piece. This set comes in 7 pieces of hair extensions with multiple clips but if you want to add more volume, 2 to 3 sets is recommended. You can style it whatever you want. It can be trimmed, curled or straightened because of its 100% Remy hair material. If given with proper care and maintenance, it can last up to 15 months.
Bigger and softer waves might be your kind of hairstyle. Thus, Brazilian waves is the right hairstyle for you. But, what if you cannot do it with your short hair? Good thing, this Brazilian body-wave hair extension comes in 3 bundles – just right for a fuller wavy hairstyle. It is made of 100% Virgin Brazilian human hair so it you can style and maintain it like the way you do with your own hair. You can use hair straighteners or curlers for better styling. Though most of hair extensions cannot be dyed, this Brazilian hair extension can be dyed whatever color or shade you prefer. With proper and careful procedure, of course.
HOW TO USE HAIR EXTENSIONS
There are different ways on how to put on hair extensions. It can be through tape-in, bonding and sealing, micro loops, netting, lace fronts and tracking. Apparently, these procedures cannot done by your own and require assistance in a salon. However, the clip-in hair extensions could be the easiest and the most convenient that you can do by your own.
So, how would you use them? Here are some tips.
- Make sure that the shade or color of the hair extensions match perfectly with yours.
- Divide your hair into two sections horizontally making a half up half down updo.
- If you have thin or fine hair, tease your hair first with a comb.
- If you’re using one large piece of clip-in hair extension, you can just attach or clip it right on where you made the section. Open the clips and gently push them down right into place.
- If you’re using small pieces or multiple clip-ins, attach them one by one following the hairline on the section you made. Make sure to put them on evenly.
- Once you put them on, release the top of your hair. Make sure the clips are not visible.
- If your hair is wavy, style your hair extension the same. Whatever the style of your hair is, make sure it is the same as your hair extensions.
- Comb your hair with your fingers gently as making it a bit messy to blend the hair extensions with your hair.
You can also check the video below to know how to put on clip-in hair extensions with one clip and multiple clips.
TIPS FOR HAIR EXTENSION CARE
A woman’s dream of having longer hair can effortlessly be done with hair extensions. However, if not taken care well of, it may get damaged eventually. So here are some tips how to take good care of hair extensions.
- Gently remove the tangles before washing.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your hair extensions. Most manufacturers recommend using mild shampoo or a wig shampoo or sulfate and alcohol-free shampoos for better treatment. It may cause damage if you use anti-dandruff shampoos, so never use them.
- Put some shampoo on your hair extensions. Be gentle on washing them. Then rinse.
- Once you’ve rinsed, apply some conditioner for softer and smoother finish. Then rinse again.
- Dry with a towel or with a blow dryer on a low-heat setting.
- When it’s already dry, brush it gently with a soft-bristled brush. Don’t use hard bristles because it may damage your extensions. Always brush them only when it is dry and never when it’s wet.
- Don’t use curling or straightening irons on synthetic hair extensions unless it is Futura or Kanekalon material. They can resist heat up to a limited heat level.
- Just like how you care for your own hair, you can also use hair serums such as Argan oil to your extensions to keep them soft and smooth and without any frizz.
- It is recommended not to dye your hair extensions. If you insist of doing so, you need to ask an expert on hair extensions for doing this.
- Wash them once a week. You don’t need to wash them everyday.
TOP 10 Amazon Best Seller Hair Extensions
In addition, below are the current best sellers from Amazon, as of TODAY. (list updated daily)
- 100% brand new and high quality.
- For rapid hair growth, hair conditioning cream
- Very good seller
- 125 grams
- Anti dandruff
- Conditions dry hair
- It protects the hair from humidity and environmental stress
- For all hair-types
- Its powerful UV protection helps prevent color fading
- 14 oz. Bottle - All Purpose Hard Wax
- Removes Stubborn Coarse Hair to Fine Fuzz
- Beneficial to the Skin with Smooth Results
- Appropriate for Full Body Wax of all Skin Types Including Sensitive Skin
- BIG DISCOUNT: Save $1.88 for 1 wig, save $3.88 for 2 wigs, save $5.88 for 3 wigs. (Enter code...
- HIGH QUALITY: Made of imported South Korea lustrous synthetic fiber, which is very suitable for long...
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE: There are two adjustment straps inside the wig, which can be intertwined to a fixed...
- DAILY & COSPLAY USE: Very stylish design with natural pretty looking and soft touch. You can wear it...
- PACKAGE INCLUDED: 1x MelodySusie Wig + 1x MelodySusie Wig Comb + 1x MelodySusie Wig cap.
- Wire Elastic Band
- Superior Quality
- Super Stretch
- Wrinkle Free
- 100% Nylon
- Material: Heat Resistant Fiber,able to resist the heat from styling tools to give you almost the...
- Unlike the human hair,the synthetic hair fiber may get tangled after 2-3 wears because the synthetic...
- The Model in the pitures is wearing 2 pieces, if you want the same effect for your hair
- Length: Approx 20"; Package included: 1 piece of curly hair extensions (5 clips attached per piece)
- Easy to wash and care - Just need a little mild shampoo and hair conditioner then washing in...
- New with tags: A brand-new
- Length: 60cm(24 inch)
- Style: Straight Full Wig
- Cap Construction: Lace Front
- Material:100% High Temperature Fiber
- Head Circumstance Tolerance:0.3"
- High Quality Mannequin Head
- With Mount Hole
- Wig Display
- For other wig making tools, please search...
- COLORFUL QUEEN HAIR-Colorful Queen-The United States Registered Trademark and Reliable Brand, Not...
- Hair Material:100% unprocessed human hair,grade 6A brazilian virgin human hair
- Hair Quality: no shedding, no tangles, no lices, Can be Straightened, lasting silky look and feel...
- Hair Color:Natural Color,can be dyed always;Hair weight: 95-100g/bundle
- Shipment: Orders will be Shipped within 24 hours Except Weekend. And the Delivery Time for Free...