Electronic Muscle Stimulator or EMS is an equipment that stimulates the resting muscle fibers to its maximum contraction to boost strength from its weak condition. It is commonly used when the muscles struggle to perform even on normal activities. It can also be a good assistance to relieve muscle pains. Due to these benefits, athletes prefer this kind of therapy as a training tool or a complementary technique for sports training. The effective results are accompanied by the electrode pads which deliver the impulses on to the skin in direct proximity for the muscles to be stimulated.
Aside from EMS, you may also have heard another stimulator also known as TENS or Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. Just like the EMS, it is also a good reliever for pain though they both vary on their key features. EMS stimulates the muscles while TENS stimulates the nerves. EMS heals and rebuilds muscles while TENS provides temporary relief for pain. Nonetheless, both machines are very useful and effective for improving health conditions and are sometimes coordinated in one machine.
BUYING GUIDE: How to Choose Electronic Muscle Stimulator and Nerve Stimulators
- FUNCTION – There are machines that are designed for EMS or TENS or sometimes both. So, you have to determine what kind of treatment or therapy you actually need. If you want to focus with the muscles, choose Electronic Muscle Stimulator or EMS. If you want to relieve pain but focuses on the nerves, you need Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation or TENS. If the machine functions both of them, it’s a jackpot.
- PADS – Electrode pads are always included in these machines. The least number in the set would be 4 but some do have more than that. If it has more than 4 pads, it’s much better. If there’s only 2, make sure it is long-lasting. Make sure that these pads adhere well to your skin as they play a major role in transmitting those impulses. It would also be better if it can be cleaned since you’ll be using it more than once. The best if they are washable. Replacement or extra pads are also recommended. Take note that whenever you finish using the pads, clean it with an alcohol swab or cotton ball with alcohol. Never share your pads with others.
- MODES – If you need a particular reliever or massager for a particular part of your body, make sure you that your machine has it. These modes prefer to what parts the machine can be used – neck, foot, elbow, hip, ankle, neck, shoulder, back and many other parts.
- STIMULATION PROGRAMS – Every part of your body has a designated level of treatment so you may expect that some part may need higher intensity or speed or frequency and many other settings. The stimulation programs is one of the major features of these machines. These settings should be adjusted according to the intensity level, speed, frequency levels, and massage settings.
Top 10 Best Electronic Muscle and Nerve Stimulation Equipment
Amazon has a long list of muscle and nerve stimulators. To help you pick the best ones, we’ve listed our picks for the Top 10 Best Electronic Muscle and Nerve Stimulation Equipment below.
As a relief for pain, you’ll be needing a reliable machine. This TENS machine focuses on the use for pain management and rehabilitation. It has 4 electrode pads. The size makes it portable where you could bring anywhere and anytime. You can also choose among the 5 modes of operation – Burst, Normal, Modulation, Strength Duration 1 and Strength Duration 2, depending on the relief you need. If you also need a reliable record of your sessions, this machine records the time and session of over 900 hours. It is a complete package together with TENS unit manual, TENS Unit, lead wires, 9-volt battery, instructions, carrying case.
This multifunctional massager from HealthmateForever truly is a life saver! With its impressive features, you sure agree that this one’s a great buy. It is one of the most advanced stimulators wherein 15 modes are available; perfect equipment for most parts of the body that are vulnerable to pain – neck, shoulder, back, ankle, hip, elbow, knee, foot, wrist; and the type of massage you prefer – knead, acupuncture, tap, cupping, scraping and random. You can also adjust the intensity and speed settings according to your preference of therapy. It is powered by 3 AAA batteries and features Auto Shut-off when the machine is not used.
truMedic TENS machine is a versatile pain relief that assists you whenever you need to. You can definitely use it to any parts of your body where the pain is since it has no side effects. The settings and buttons are very accessible and user friendly. You can customize the settings according to what type of therapy you need as it indicates the function right on the screen including the treatment duration. If ever you want to adjust the intensity level to mild, strong or medium, you can do so and these settings will also appear in the screen. The machine is very lightweight so you can bring it anytime and anywhere you need to.
Not all electronic stimulators have the EMS and TENS function but this one does. This therapy equipment from TEC.BEAN provides you two electronic body stimulators – for muscles (EMS) and nerves (TENS) that you can surely use depending on your health condition or what kind of pain you’re experiencing. The 16 modes and 20 levels of intensity will help you customize the therapy or treatment for such diseases as arthritis, back pain, muscle spasms and many others. The EMS would also be a great option for those who have acquired injuries and who have disabilities. It has a built-in rechargeable lithium battery that can be used for 10 hours of continuous use. It will never run out of power in the middle of your treatment as the battery consumption is indicated in the screen. Whenever you left it turned on, it has the Auto Shut-off feature. No need to worry.
This TENS unit from HealthmateForever is a multifunctional device that stimulates the nerves to block the pain but as well as to function for toning, firming and enhancing the muscles. It has 8 massage modes that you can choose from according to the settings that you need for your treatment – Tuina (Push & Pull), Acupuncture, Tapping, Guasha (Scraping), Cupping, Weight Loss, Work out Combination. 4 stylish electrode pads are also included.
This is another EMS and TENS device that you can consider if you want to use both functions. The iReliev makes this possible that allows you to choose between the two functions depending on the therapy that you prefer. If you prefer the TENS unit, there 7 modes available and another mode for arthritis. If you opt for EMS unit, there are 6 modes for muscle strength and recovery. This is a perfect device if you want to relieve pain and heal injuries at the same time. To maximize or minimize the intensity levels, you can choose among the 25 levels.
If you need a set together with a carrier plus the manual, you can look this device up – Balego TENS unit. Though many prefer digital muscle and nerve stimulators these days, many users have reviewed this as a great product, a very useful and functional device and user-friendly. With its simple interface, it will really work well with your therapy. It has dual channels and 3 available modes – standard, modulate and burst. 4 electrode pads are also included.
Omron is one of the well-known brands for medical devices. And this TENS pain relief unit from Omron will definitely give you the therapy you need. In just 15 minutes, you can manage your pain – stiff or sore muscle and joint pain. With its stylish shape and compact size, it comfortably fits your hand and you can bring it anytime, anywhere. It features 3 pain modes – arm, lower back, leg or foot and 5 intensity levels to choose from. 2 Life Long pads are included together with the electrode cords. They can be washed every time you have to. If you want to know more about the device, how it is used, a manual is included. It is perfectly safe and effective.
If you only prefer stimulator for nerves, iReliev provides this TENS unit device just right for your needs. You can use the pads in dual channel for the right treatment for smaller parts or larger parts of your body. 8 programmed modes are also available for acute and chronic pain symptoms. If you want to customize the intensity level of therapy, there are 25 levels to choose from. With its size, it sure is portable that you can count on whenever you need it.
Many users have found it very useful, reliable, powerful and easy to use. This AccuRelief guarantees you that. The dual channel function allows you to use 2 electrode pads or with 4 electrode pads to the pain. There are also 6 modes where you can perform you therapy with – neck, shoulder, hand, leg, back and joints. It accommodates you with the kind of treatment you need with its 25 intensity levels that you can adjust whatever your option is. It guarantees you effective pain relief within a 30-minute treatment session.
Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers:
These are the Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers: Best Muscle Stimulators & Accessories. This list is a snapshot FROM TODAY, from Amazon’s list of best sellers in the category, based on actual best seller sales rank.
Top 10 Benefits of EMS and TENS Machines
As this have been widely used by athletes and body-and-health-conscious types of people, benefits are evidently guaranteed. If you’re one of those who want to try this electronic stimulators, take note of its amazing benefits.
- Relieves stress.
- Boosts energy and strength for the muscles.
- Speeds muscle recovery for various injuries.
- Relaxes muscle spasms.
- Increases and normalizes blood circulation.
- Improves and normalizes range of motion.
- Potential training tool for athletes.
- Relieves muscle and body pains.
- Reliable therapy for immobilized patients.
- Stimulates muscle growth and neurons.
Article Copyright 2016 The10BestReview.com