Today I would like to show you about 10 things you didn’t know your iPhone could do.
1. Make a passcode with letters instead of number
- Go to Settings > Passcode Lock.
- Turn off the setting that says “Simple Passcode.”
- A screen will appear prompting you to change your passcode, along with a full QWERTY keyboard. The next time you unlock your phone, the keyboard will appear instead of just the number pad.
2. See timestamps on your texts
For a while, the fact that I couldn’t see when my iMessages were sent drove me crazy. Turns out there’s a stupidly easy way to view timestamps of your messages in iOS 7: touch and drag message bubbles to the left.
3. Turn off all in-app purchases with one button
This is especially useful if you have kids, or have zero self-control when it comes to Candy Crush. Go to Settings > General > Restrictions, Enable Restrictions, and scroll down to disable In-App Purchases.
4. Take a “Burst” Of Photos at Once
Hold down the shutter button in your camera and you’ll automatically activate burst mode. Your phone will capture a ton of photos in rapid succession and save them to your camera: a great way to guarantee you’ll get a profile pic to your liking.
5. Type An EM-DASH (-)
Hold down the dash on your keyboard to get a super-cool menu of dashes, which you can use to please all your grammar stickler friends.
6. Take a photo with your earbuds
Press the center of the headphone button when in the camera app to snap a pic. Also great for selfies!
7. Put your phone in airplane mode and it will charge twice as fast
Great for when you need to charge your phone quickly at a bar.
8. Shake your iPhone to delete text
Did you change your mind about that text you just tapped in? Shake your phone, and an “Undo Typing” box will come up. If you change your mind after you’ve hit Undo, shake your phone again for a handy “Redo Typing” box.
9. To turn on CAPS LOCK, Double Tab the “Shift” KEY
This is so simple to do, yet totally changed my ability to CONVEY HOW EXCITED OR MAD I WAS to my friends without having to hit the shift arrow every time.
NB: If this isn’t working for you, go to Settings>General>Keyboard and make sure Caps Lock is enabled.
10. Use Your Phone as a level to hang pictures
Swipe left in the Compass app to access a level. Pretty cool.