Curling irons or flat irons have been popularly known and used by many women (or even men!) but for many tasks you need to use the best hot rollers. Straight hair seems dull and mainstream that creating waves and curls would be the finest way to make your hair even more attractive. Curling irons would probably handle that for you but you might agree that it takes longer unlike the hair rollers.
Hair rollers are definitely vintage yet classic and your grandma would even choose these over those fancy curling irons. But, ever heard of hot hair rollers? Life truly gets easier with the modern technology and these hot hair rollers are part of it – the new technology of hair curling.
Hot hair rollers give those curls and waves in an instant. When curling irons take 5 minutes to 10 minutes (or even longer!) of your time, it becomes exhausting, annoying and unbelievably time consuming. Quite the opposite of what hot hair rollers guarantee you – quick heat and styling. But, aside from hot rollers and curling irons, are you familiar with the different types of hair curlers? Take a peek in our list.
How to Choose Best Hot Rollers
Heatless Hair Rollers
- FELXIBILITY ON HAIR TYPE – If you have thick hair, you should use rollers with larger shafts such as Flexi rods or Ribbon Curlers. For smooth hair, use Velcro rollers. For fine and thin hair, use Velcro rollers, foam rollers and Peco hair curlers. For damage and delicate hair, Velcro rollers will take care of it.
- FLEXIBILITY ON HAIR CONDITION – Not all rollers are used both on a damp hair or dry hair. If you prefer curling your hair while it’s damp or wet, use ribbon curlers, foam rollers or cold-wave rods. For dry hair, you can use Peco hair curlers, Velcro rollers and flexi rods.
- CURLING PROCESS DURATION – If you want to curl your hair within minutes, Velcro rollers and Ribbon curlers can set those curls within 15 minutes. But not all heatless hair rollers can be as quick as mentioned. If you can wait overnight or maybe sleep with it, try flexi-rods or foam rollers.
Hot Hair Rollers
- ROLLER TYPE – For traditional and easy-remove rollers, you should choose the RIBBED type. These are perfect for short to medium-length hair. FLOCKED is the other type of rollers. They are the best option for longer hair and larger curls.
- HEATING TECHNOLOGY – If you prefer quick styling and shiny curls in 10 minutes, choose SPONGE ROLLERS. For damaged and frizzy hair, you need rollers that release ions that give out shinier and healthier curls. CERAMIC INFUSED ROLLERS should be your option. Lastly, for stronger curls, you should opt for WAX CORE ROLLERS.
- SIZE OF ROLLERS – Hot rollers come in sets. So, if you prefer one style of curls, look for a set that has rollers of the same size. Otherwise, if you prefer different styles of curls, choose a set of rollers of different sizes.
- HEAT SETTING – Fine hair, frizzy hair, thick and thin hair demand different ways of care and styling. So, if you have fine and thin hair, you need rollers that don’t produce too much. For frizzy, damaged or thick hair, you need hot rollers that have adjustable heat settings that could cope with your stubborn hair.
We know you are excited to try these hair rollers and so, we put up a list of Top 10 Best Hair Rollers just for you. These are the best picks in Amazon.
TOP 10 Best Hot Rollers on Amazon in 2016
#1. Conair Xtreme Jumbo and Super Jumbo Hair Setter
For a special event that takes an hour or two or longer, you need curls that will last long. Conair Xtreme’s Ceramic Layered Technology makes this possible. It has better heat transfer that provide long lasting curls. With this technology, ions are released which give out shinier and smoother hair even with its curls. This set includes jumbo rollers for bigger waves and curls.
#2. Remington H5600D 20-Piece Multi-Sized Roller Set
Includes 20 pieces of rollers of various sizes. This is more suitable for those who prefer different types of curls and waves. It is also applicable for different hair lengths since rollers are of various sizes. Remington Roller Set boasts its Ion Technology that maintains the hair smooth and soft while curling.
#3. Conair Instant Heat Volume Rollers
You want to curl your hair but you’re always in a hurry. So, what would you do? That’s what Conair Instant Heat Volume Rollers is best at. It heats up in 2 minutes so you can style your hair within 5 minutes or less. It features flocked rollers which are suitable for longer hair and for those who prefer larger curls. Its technology provides voluminous and soft curls plus the heat protection that keeps the hair healthy and smooth.
#4. Conair Compact Hair setter
Women are fickle-minded and so with hair styles. One constant hair style or curls won’t be enough. Good thing Conair Compact Hairsetter includes multi-size tangle-free rollers – 8 small, 6 medium, 6 large. It has a “ready” indicator when the hair setter is on. Stainless clips are also included to keep those curls intact until they are all set. It heats up well enough for different hair types.
#5. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Professional 20-Roller Haircutter
If you need another quick-styling curler, BabylissPRO’s titanium material allows it to generate heat very quickly. It also has a light indicator when the hairsetter is in use. If you also have long hair and prefer larger curls, you might want to consider this brand. The rollers are the flocked type which come in different sizes. 20 butterfly clips and 20 metal clips are included to keep all those curlers locked while you wait.
#6. Infiniti Pro by Conair Smooth Waves Mega Volume 2-Inch Rollers
Infiniti Pro is another durable and reliable product from Conair. Infused with Tourmaline Ceramic material, it heats up faster which is perfect for on-the-go errands. The 20inch rollers create curls and waves and keep them in volume, smooth and soft. It is recommended for medium and long hair.
#7. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Professional 12 Jumbo Roller Hairsetter
Nano Titanium are not often found in many hot rollers but you might not know, they are great for providing even heat more particularly with rollers. BabylissPRO Professional Hairsetter has this technology. It heats up quickly and provides even heat for the rollers. The jumbo rollers, however, create larger and voluminous waves. Perfect for your date night!
#8. T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers
If you worry what rollers you should use for your hair type, fret not. T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers are suitable for all hair types. The T3 technology shiny and healthier hair so even if your style or curl your hair, you don’t need to worry about damaging it because you won’t. The T3 Hot Rollers provide high-volume and textured waves. It also heats up to the maximum level of 250f in just 3 minutes. Definitely time efficient!
#9. Curlformers Extra Long Spiral Curls Styling Kit
Many women still prefer the classic way of curling. If you’re one of them and still not convinced of buying hot rollers, you should still be careful of choosing curlers. And if you have that black and beautiful long hair, you need longer curlers! Well, Curlformers Styling kit would be your best buddy. These are 22 inches long that can give defined spiral curls just right for your hair length! On the other side, hot curlers do have downsides too as they could damage your hair eventually if not used properly or if used excessively. These ribbon curlers or Curlformers are a good alternative.
#10. Diane By Fromm 42-pack Twist-flex Rods
If you still don’t prefer hot rollers, these flex rods could be another best option. From what was mentioned before, flexi rods or flex rods curl your hair without any clips needed. As they are flexible, they can easily be bent into different shape which keeps the hair locked and helps the curls to set. Diane Twist Flex rods include 42 pieces of rods in different lengths which are a perfect fit for different hair lengths.
TIPS on How to Use Hot Hair Rollers
The results are undeniably amazing though the duration vary according to the type of curler you use. However, with the hot hair rollers, you’ll have those lovely curls in no time. Well, you might still be bugging the internet, clicking links to look for some tips on how to use them for a perfect hairstyling. We’ve got you covered. Here are some tips!
- Dry your hair before using the hot hair rollers.
- Use you a curl cream or mouse on your hair for smooth and soft texture.
- Divide your hair in different sections. Clip each section up. It will help you set all the curls perfectly around your head.
- For fuller and defined curls, hold the rollers horizontally. For soft, bouncy and loose waves, hold the rollers vertically.
- Cool the rollers. While waiting for the curls to set, put on some hairspray on the locks to get those perfect curls.
- When the rollers cool up, roll down the rollers and not just pulling them all out from your hair or else, you’ll make a mess.
Still want to know more on how to use hot hair rollers? Check the useful video below.
Types of Hair Rollers and HOT Rollers or Hair Curlers
- VELCRO ROLLERS – This might be one of the oldest hair curlers and the most common as well. This is used on a dry hair and clips are no need since these rollers are self-gripping. They create curls just within minutes or at the maximum of 15 minutes.
- FOAM ROLLERS – These are recommended using on a slightly damp hair. They are positioned horizontally, rolled up from ends to roots. Curling your hair with these might take you more than minutes or an hour or even longer than that. You can actually sleep with it. Then when you wake up, voila! You’ve got those soft waves and curls!
- FLEXI RODS – From the name itself, yes, they are flexi, like flexible. Each rod can be bent in any shape that keeps the hair locked. This is used on a dry hair. Through the sections of hair, take one section, roll the rod vertically from the end to the roots and lock it there. You can repeat the process with the other sections of your hair.
- COLD-WAVE RODS – These are applicable for dry or slightly damp hair. For better results, use a curl cream before using the rods. They create soft spirals and curls on a short or medium length hair. Through the sections of your hair, yet again, get one part, wrap it with a rod from ends to roots, take the rubber or elastic from the other end and snap it to the other side to lock the curls. Since it could be used on a damp hair, blow drying will set the curls perfectly.
- PECO HAIR ROLLERS – They were called buttons or Spoolies way back then. These create loose curls or defined spirals on a dry hair.
- RIBBON CURLERS – These are used on a damp hair. These are crochet-like ribbons, flexible and elastic that can make defined spirals on your hair.
Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers
This list is updated DAILY showing you the latest and greatest Amazon “Best Sellers” of all hot hair rollers, based on actual sales rank data. Below you will find the top 10 best selling hot hair rollers. Check it out, you will likely find the right product here.
[amazon bestseller=”hot hair rollers”]
Beauty Recommendations from ChicParlour.com
Be sure to check out some great beauty tips and other great curling wand recommendations from ChicParlour.com, or how about using hair rollers, and best hot rollers buying guide.
Now let’s say you want to straighten out your hair, then we have some articles for you on ChicParlour.com which we can recommend hair straighteners reviews and perhaps also might want to read about tips to use a hot-air brush.