Our legs play a tremendous role to our everyday activities. You get to jump start your day with some exercise, brief footsteps around your house to do your daily tasks and to the minute you need to walk out and go to work. Maybe you’re an athlete who needs to go on training, do some warm ups or minutes of running or you could be an active outdoor enthusiast who goes hiking, mountain climbing or just a simple walk out on the field, park or road. By the end of the day, you feel some muscle sore or cramps around your legs. But the next day, you need to start all over again. Actually, your legs are overly used; the veins, muscles, even the blood circulation. That’s a sore everyday. And if you don’t give some proper care, your legs might give up on you. How would you care for it?
Compression socks are one of the best solutions to protect your legs from such health risks. These are not just ordinary socks though they look like one. They support both your legs; tightens the muscles from the ankles, to the calves and right up to the knees. As the socks gently tighten your legs, they normalize the blood flow to move back to the heart.
With this function, it prevents leg swelling, blood clot, diseases such as edema, phlebitis, thrombosis and other venous disorders. So these compressions socks are recommended for athletes who use up their strength from the legs, for workers or employees, nurses, police officers, military officers who stand long for hours, for diabetic patients, for those who are recovering from surgery, and for everyone who want to keep their legs healthy and protected from such diseases. Compression socks, however, do have different levels of compression depending on what kind of treatment you need. So, since it could alter some changes to one’s health, it is recommended to ask your physician first.
BUYING GUIDE: HOW TO CHOOSE COMPRESSION
Having these benefits read, you sure want to try these compression socks. But, before buying them, consider some of these reminders. There are 6 key features you should know.
- SIZE – Not all compression socks have the same sizes. They vary on the sizes and fitting. So, when you buy compression socks, make sure they fit well. The purpose, however, is to tighten your legs but not intend to restrict the blood flow. They should be a perfect fit.
- TYPE – There are different types of compression socks.
GRADIENT/GRADUATED – These are socks that are designed with the highest compression level around the ankle and gradually lessens up to the top of the hose. People who are prone to edema and blood clots, blood pooling are the target users of these socks.
ANTI-EMBOLISM – This type is designed for patients who have just had surgeries.
SUPPORT – Socks that have mild compression levels and can be bought over the counter. No need prescription from the physician.
- STYLE – They have different styles according to your preference and condition – Knee-high, thigh-high, waist attachment, pantyhose and maternity pantyhose. There are these calf compression sleeves that are designed only to cover the lower leg; from the calf to lower ankle. This type is often preferred by athletes and sports enthusiasts.
- COLOR – Compression therapy using these socks doesn’t mean they have to be dull like a bandage. They are stylish and are available in many colors. Neon or striking colors are the most common nowadays. Printed-designed socks are as well.
- COMPRESSION LEVEL – These socks come in different compression or pressure levels depending on what kind of treatment you need. The usual and mild level ranges from 8-15mmhg. This level is preferable for those who want to add more protection to their legs against the strains after long hours of standing, sitting or walking. 15-20mmhg level is for those who are prone and are experiencing some heaviness, pain and swelling around their feet and legs. The highest compression level would be 20mmhg and above. This is for those who experience severe diseases or some who requires therapy after a surgery. This level of compression socks cannot be bought over the counter unlike the previous levels. A prescription from a physician is required.
- MATERIAL – The best and quality materials used for the compression socks are elastic fibers and rubber. These are materials that contribute to the effectiveness of compression therapy. Socks that are infused with silver material are also recommended. Silver is made of natural textile fibers. It fights off odor and bacteria.
Top 10 Best Compression Socks & Calf Compression Sleeves
So, have you decided what type of compression socks you need? We’ve got you covered. We’ve listed the best products on Amazon. Check out the Top 10 Best Compression Socks and Calf Compression Sleeves.
These are graduated socks with compression level of 20-30mmhg so it is also preferable for those who tire their feet all day after long hours of standing or working like nurses, doctors, athletes and runners. These socks are applicable for men and women. They are made blended nylon fabric infused with silver to neutralize odor, moisture and bacteria. With its quality, they are guaranteed comfortable and durable. If the compression levels are too high for you, contact your physician.
If you need to recover from risk conditions in the muscle, these graduated socks could be just right for you. These socks allow you to heal and recover faster with its 20-30mmhg levels of compression. They are designed for men and women so everyone can experience a relaxing compression therapy. It is also made of silver yarn anti bacteria fabric that helps regulate the temperature to keep you warm on a cold weather and keep you cool when it’s hot. The material also protects your from odor and bacteria.
If you prefer knee-high style of compression socks, Wanderlust air travel socks offer you their stylish designs. These are graduated socks let you ease the pain, gently gives in pressure but not squeezing it too tight. It gives you the right pressure and fit with its 25-30mmhg at the foot and ankle, 15-20mmhg at the middle of the leg and calf and 10-15mmhg under the knee. It has the advanced technology of maximum comfort to ensure your legs are of its healthiest condition as it prevents blisters, corns yet gives your legs proper ventilation and support. This design is also preferable for patients with diabetes and arthritis, pregnant women, athletes, medical workers and for those who want to prevent their legs from venous disorders and other leg diseases.
The Zensah calf compression sleeves focus on the shin splint relief which are often experienced by athletes. So athletes who undergo training and sports get their legs overstrained so these compression socks would be the right therapy. It is made of a unique and innovative fabric from Zensah that is anti-odor, anti-microbial and breathable. These socks are a good support for muscle stabilization, prevention of injuries and recovery.
Knee-high type of graduated socks with 15-20mmhg that are designed for men and women which prevent swelling and varicose veins. These are preferable for those who are traveling on flights that take hours of sitting or nurses and medical workers. Made of quality material such as spandex and nylon that provide perfect fitting and ventilation. It also innovative comfort material that shields your skin from fungal feet infections and fights off odor.
If you’re pregnant and suffering from leg swelling and other venous disorders, these compression socks are designed for you. Moreover, this type is designed for women such as nurses, travelers and even runners. They fit perfectly and don’t slip. It is designed to ease the pain yet provides comfort.
Compression socks come in different colors and styles and if you prefer printed and stylish designs, these might be for you. That’s just a plus actually as this type also offers the compression therapy you need. Perfect for athletes who uses their feet for long hours of training or for workers who spend all day with their feet. These are graduated compression socks that gives higher levels of pressure to prevent muscle pain and exhaustion. It has moisture-wicking material that provides proper ventilation, perfect fit and is lightweight.
Many were convinced with the benefits of compression socks and this product guarantee you the same benefits. They are innovatively designed with calf straps that keep your feet on its right pressure. They can be adjusted depending on how tight or loose you prefer. These let you have a comfortable compression therapy. It could be very tight if wrong size is chosen. So determine first your size, check the size chart then order.
If you only need protection for your calves, these calf compression sleeves offer shin splint relief, therapy for varicose veins and muscle sore. These are made of nylon and spandex material which give more comfort and are washable. These are recommended for athletes and workers who work their feet out all day.
These graduated compression socks have pressure levels between 20-25mmhg that prevent swelling and normalizes blood flow. It has moisture-wicking material that allows the skin to breathe well. It also protects the skin form scratches and abrasions. These calf compression sleeves are a good relief for shin splints and muscle sore.
BENEFITS OF COMPRESSION SOCKS
Many users wouldn’t have used these if they didn’t have any benefits. They do have and they actually work. You can prevent health risks with this piece of accessory. What are the benefits, then?
- Prevents your legs from such conditions like Edema, varicose veins, spider veins, deep vein thrombosis, phlebitis and lymphedema.
- Helps patients who have just had surgeries to recover quickly.
- Great assistance for pregnant women. Hormones during pregnancy can affect leg veins so compression socks can prevent such venous disorders.
- Prevents legs from cramps due to long hours of standing or sitting. In this idle situations, blood slows down. Compression socks help the blood circulation to normalize.
- Protects athletes from overstraining the muscles due to sports and trainings.
- Prevents the legs from swelling particularly for those who spend all day with their feet.
- For hikers or mountain climbers, compression socks protect their legs from scratches, abrasions and some injuries.
- Relieves the muscle pains and heaviness in the legs.
- Gives a relaxing and comfortable feeling while running.
TODAY’S Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers: Compression Socks
This list is updated DAILY, to provide you the ranked list of the best selling Compression Socks on Amazon today. Based on actual best seller rank, these are the Compression Socks that so many other consumers consider to be their top picks. You might want one of these for yourself.
[amazon bestseller=”Compression Socks”]