Home security is increasingly important these days, so you might be interested in finding the best WiFi video doorbells for your home, and buying guide. It’s like adding a security camera to your door so you can monitor remotely who is knocking. But these are much easier to setup and install, since they involve fewer units (unlike large video monitoring surveillance systems that consist of multiple cameras and devices).
Video Doorbell is better?
Those old fashioned doorbells sure sound nice, but they are old and dated. The newer wireless doorbells are convenient and offer different chimes and ease of installation. But you are still dealing with a basic button and chime, not much has changed. But with Video doorbells, now it’s a different game. You can see who is there, remotely using your smartphone and connecting to WiFi. Now that is a game changer, and easy.
How to Choose Buying Guide
Some of the key features to consider when choosing the best Wifi video doorbell include:
- VIDEO QUALITY – Ideally you want the highest resolution possible, which means HD or better. The technology has gotten advanced enough that you no longer have to settle for those grainy low quality vids.
- AUDIO QUALITY – The best systems incorporate ambient noise cancellation to allow you to hear the person clearly without background noise.
- NIGHT VISION – This is a must, since many visitors may come at night so you need a camera that can see in low light.
- DESIGN – Some units have changeable face plates to match your decor. Look around, and find the right one.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS – Batteries are a hassle to change all the time, so some systems allow you to use the existing doorbell wiring to provide power. If this works for you, do it, you’ll be happy you did in the long run. But if you don’t, there’s also the battery operated units that are more versatile.
- MOTION SENSOR – High end systems incorporate motion sensor to automatically start the video or send you an alert with a photo snapshot. This is a very nice feature to have.
- RECORDING – In most cases, it’s a good idea to enable loop recording, so the camera automatically records everything it sees. When it runs out of storage space, it simply records over the oldest video. Then if you ever need it or something happens, you can download the video.
Top 10 Best Sellers on Amazon
Amazon is a great place to find the hottest selling top products at the best prices. Here is the list of top 10 best selling video doorbells, based on actual sales data updated daily.
[amazon bestseller=”video doorbells”]