Here is the Top 10 List of Best Headlamps you can buy on Amazon, for those of you who may be looking for a wearable headlamp for camping, hunting, running, or other sports and activities.
When you set out on the trail at night time hike or evening run, or maybe you’re camping and setting up a tent for an enjoyable weekend, then you really need something to light your way. Of course you don’t want to trip or fall down hill. The good news is there are some awesome headlamps on the market that are great for all your outdoor activities in the dark.
How to Choose the Best Headlamp
There are several things to consider before buying a headlamp for camping or running headlamp.
- Beam Distance: First, you’ll want to know the Beam Distance of the headlamp you’re considering to buy. It tells you how far the light can reach. Ask yourself if you need a long beam distance for your application.
- Beam Type: Next consideration is the Beam Type, there’s basically two types. Flood Light type is for wider light angles but on a shorter distance, it floods the area with light. Second is Spot Light type which puts out a narrow beam out on a longer distance.
- Weigh: Of course, weight is something to consider. You wouldn’t want to over burden yourself with a heavy weight on your head. Choose a light that is UNDER 400 grams (or 14 ounces).
- Brightness Modes: For more utility, you want at least two modes, a Low Level mode which is more battery efficient, and a High Level mode with is brighter for when you need it but this mode burns through the battery quicker.
- Battery Life: You want a headlamp that will shine for a long time between charging.
- Light Output and Efficiency: These days, LED lights produce a great amount of light while being very energy efficient. Best results will come from using an LED headlamp.
- Waterproof: Do you run in the rain, or go kayak fishing at night? Then you may want a waterproof headlamp for the best experience and longevity of your headlamp in rough environments.
Below, we try to help you choose the right camping headlamp by providing a list of our recommended Top 10 Best Headlamps for Camping, Running and Sports, that you should definitely check out for yourself.
Top 10 Best Headlamps for Camping, Running, Hunting 2016
Usual camping headlamps only have 3 modes, but this one’s got 4 – Low, Mid, High and Strobe. How cool is that? Its XM-L T6 LED Bulb has an extensive lifetime of 100,000 hours with great quality as it illuminates very brightly and can be adjusted to 90 degrees. Its material such as the aluminum, is at its highest quality which makes it very durable, abrasion resistant and waterproof. It also has a red indicator light which serves as a warning more particularly with night walking or cycling. Its 18650 batteries (2) are rechargeable. Wall charger, Headlamp Dedicated USB cable and car charger are included in this product.
If you look for something lightweight, then this headlamp is just for you as it weighs only 270 grams or 9 ounces. It’s made of durable aluminum and rubber which makes it very comfortable to wear. It has XM-L T6 LED bulb which delivers very bright beam which can be zoomed and adjusted up to 90 degrees. This one has 3 modes – Low, High and Strobe. Its beam distance is approximately 500 meters or 1640 ft which is actually perfect when you opt for high visibility on dark conditions. Its batteries are also rechargeable.
If your kids are also into outdoor activities and you’re looking for something lightweight yet durable and comfy, then you may want to consider buying this product. It only weighs 2.6 ounces. So lightweight, isn’t it? Very safe and suitable for kids. It may look dainty and very lightweight but it is stuffed with incredible features. Its light output is 160 Lumens with 5 settings – High Beam, Low Beam, White Strobe, Red Beam and Red Flashing. The beam illuminates very brightly than the usual and can even last up to 100,000 hours.
The feature it boosts about is its SUPER BRIGHT light along with its red lights. With its powerful beam, you can view up to the distance of 110 meters. 3 brand new Duracell Batteries are also included which can last up to 120 hours of lighting. Very lightweight and durable. Perfect use for night dog walking, running, camping, hiking, fishing, biking, caving, jogging and many other outdoor activities.
On a single charge, it can provide up to 100 hours of lighting. And when it drains, you can just recharge it using the USB cable. With the light output of 280 Lumens CREE-XP-G2 LED, no doubt it delivers very bright light. And with its adjustable flood light diffuser, it could be one of the brightest and most versatile headlamp plus, it is very lightweight weighing only 4.4 ounces. You’ll find it comfortable and convenient. This Foxelli headlamp is also waterproof that can withstand heavy rain or in water up to 1 meter depth for 30 minutes. It is quite durable to the extremes, and can resist heat or cold. It is best for distance running, hiking, camping, caving and reading.
If you’re looking for a user friendly and less complicated headlamp setting, this one’s right for you. With only one switch, it easily allows you to transition from full beam to dim light. It has red night vision mode which has proximity and strobe settings and activated without cycling through white mode. It is composed of 1 Triple power LED, 2 single power white LEDs and 2 single power red LEDS which emit 130 lumens.
For all those who prefer lightweight camping headlamps or running headlamps, this 3-ounce suits your preference. The LEDs are super bright which emits 200 lumens and also has a component that saves energy. It has a motion sensor control that enables hands-free activation control in dark spaces. Its illumination has 3 modes and its angles are adjustable. With its lightweight feature, it is very comfy and easy to wear even for a long time.
This headlamp could be one of the friendliest travel buddies as you venture outdoors. No need to worry when it drains for you can charge it with a wall charger, car charger or the USB cable. The LED light has a lifetime of up to 100,000 hours, and it can throw a super bright beam with the maximum of 1800 lumens. To adjust its light and save energy, it has three modes – High, Low and Strobe. It is also waterproof, handsfree and zoomable. The strap is also adjustable so it is comfortable to wear. The materials used such as aluminum alloy and rubber make it more durable and reliable.
Its 105-lumen light output and 90-meter beam can last up to 187 hours and 95 hours if the highest lamp illumination is used. It also has 3 modes – economic, strobe and high-brightness. The Yalumi headlamp is at its highest quality with cree high-power XP-E LED for a bright and narrow-focused spotlight beam pattern. No need to worry about the weight for it is also lightweight and very comfortable to wear. The angle can be tilted and it also features lock mode to avoid accidental activation. This very compact and lightweight headlamp is best suitable for outdoor activities such as running, camping and hiking.
A reliable headlamp for your outdoor activities is one of the major factors to consider and this Rayvenge T3A LED headlamp is surely worth the price. With its 168 Lumens CREE LED, it illuminates bright and great light which reaches up to 110 meters. With its IPX6 waterproof feature, it can withstand heavy rains and water splashes. Its 3 AAA Duracell batteries can provide up to 120 hours of lighting.
The word itself, headlamp, already explains how it actually functions. Just like a flashlight, a headlamp is a source of light but it is attached on the head or on a helmet. So, when you go hiking or trekking, mountain biking, or a venture out in the woods in the middle of the night or under the starry skies, or maybe for a night camping, or you just want to look for something you lost, a headlamp lights your way and it distributes perfect illumination. But, how would you know what camping headlamps best suit your needs? How would you choose the right camping headlamp? Hopefully this article shed some light to guide your quest for the best headlamp.
If you’re looking for a wearable headlamp for camping, running, hunting, or other activities here is the Top 10 Best Headlamps you can buy on Amazon in 2016.
When you set your foot out on the trail at night time, maybe going for a walk on a rough road, taking some time hiking with your friends and family, going for a run, or setting up a tent for an enjoyable night camping, you absolutely be needing something to light your way. Well, of course, you wouldn’t want to trip off or fall off from a cliff or down the hill. Good thing, headlamps have been a great use for all of your outdoor activities, most especially on the night time.
How to Choose the Best Headlamp
There are actually some things you need to consider or ponder about before buying a camping headlamp.
- First, you’ve got to know the Beam Distance of the product you’re planning to buy. It tells you how far or up to where your light could reach.
- Next should be the Beam Type. There is this Flood type for wider light angles but on a shorter distance and the Spot type for a narrow illumination but on a further distance.
- The Weight, of course, is something to consider. You wouldn’t want to burden yourself with a heavy stuff on your head so 400 grams (or 14 ounces) or less is much better.
- Brightness Mode is another factor. Low to High levels are often featured on a headlamp and some do have the Boost for an extensive use of light especially when it is really necessary. The Brightness mode allows you to save the light’s energy. However, be careful not to use the maximum light most of the time as it can consume most of your batteries.
- Battery Life, is one of the major factors. If rechargeable then much better. The Durability and Light Output are also some the things you need to consider.