Though now it seems everyone communicates via computer and smartphone, there is still a great need for using the best pens for office work or school work. Some people go as far as having a high-end customized pen or personalized pen which bears their name or identity like their logo or brand on it. No matter how advanced the digital technology becomes, it will never eliminate the importance of a good pen.
Having to write or sign an official document requires you to have a pen that won’t let you down. Most low-quality pens will just embarrass you because they will even stain your clothes and hands or those important documents with leaking ink. Or, they don’t write when you need them too, or maybe they don’t write on certain surfaces. That’s why we bring you this generation of pens that will take care of everything. Just buy one and be comfortable that whatever you put down to write, it will never be forgotten. If you are going to buy some pens to use at school, at work or at home, you can view some good options from our list of the top 10 best pens here below.
Today’s Amazon Best Sellers and Deals
First, if you want to get right to it, check out the top 10 BEST SELLERS on Amazon.com as of TODAY, based on actual sales rank data. You can guess that these are highly rated and highly popular choices from thousands of other customers, so you are likely to find some good picks here and some great deals at competitive prices.
Jump to Section: Ballpoint Pens – Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers.
Jump to Section: Calligraphy Pens – Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers.
See Related Article: Top 10 Best Pencil Brands.
Top 10 pen brands
Nowadays one can use many things to write, such as computers, tablets, typewriters, and pens. A pen is a common item which is used daily by everyone. Writing pens come in different brands and prices. Some of them are designed to offer the best writing experience while others are just ordinary.
Different people will prefer different luxury pens just because famous people used them. For instance, the former U.S president used a Townsend Pen when signing most documents. With that said, Obama had always allowed White House visitors to get mementos pens. Clearly, there are huge differences between pens. Here are the top ten brands you can consider:
This is the most renowned pen in the entire world as per user reviews. The pen is often used for autographs or when signing important documents. It offers that high-class look desired by many.
This company was established in 1906, and it still offers one of the most elegant and stylish pens. The white six-pointed star pen is one of the best writing pens and has rounded edges. Mont Blanc luxury pens are sold all over the world to a wide range of customers.
This is another top brand in this era. Cello goes out of its way to make its user’s experience exceptional by offering cheap and high-quality ball-pens and pens. The pen can be used easily and it’s widely available.
Raynolds is known to be one of the best pen producers. The pen was named after the owner of the company, Milton Raynolds. It is a little expensive than the typical brands but its quality is unmatchable and amazing.
This is an Italian brand that was created in 1931. The company’s headquarters is in India. The pen is widely used by many people from different parts of the globe.
This brand is more famous in America, and its journey began in 1846. People love this brand because they can use it to create something beautiful and special as you write.
This is another Italian brand that has withstood the test of time since1919. It is sold all over the world, and most of its users are authors who are always determined to create something special and different.
Most people love this pen because of its stylish and smooth look that sets it apart from the other pens. The brand is not only elegant and comfortable, but it offers quality services.
Even though Papermate isn’t available in every country, the features of the pens they produced are perfect.
This brand is quite famous and known for its ability to create unique writing instruments at a cheap rate. You will find the pen at almost all stationary shops.
Top 20 Best Pens of 2016 Recommended by AllBestTop10.com
1. InkJoy Ballpoint Pen
This product features a revolutionary new writing system that will give you the best in effortless writing. When writing, it starts quickly without dragging. It also requires minimal pressure from your hand and delivers crisp, clean lines every time. It also features an extended rubberized grip for optimal comfort in writing. Buy it and you will realize that it is a great pen for home and office use.
2. Paper Mate Flair Porous Pen
This is the world’s classic pen that has been introduced in the world. It will let you express yourself with true style and color. It dries up quickly. It’s water-based ink prevents smearing, and your writing will not bleed through the paper. This is a great pen that can be used in editing.
3. Uni-ball Retractable Gel Pens
The Uni Super ink is specially formulated to become trapped in the paper. This is important because it will help prevent criminal check washing and other document alteration. Its stylish metallic accents with the high-quality finish are just a glimpse of what the pens is. The stainless, retractable tip has been added for you to have fun using it.
4. Jewelescent Gel Pen Set
This is a set of 60 pens that are vibrant and bold colored. It is an assortment of fine artist quality gel pens that include metallic, classic, glitter, pastel, swirl, and neon colors. These pens are non-toxic and free-time with superior archival quality and long lasting vibrant inks that will never smear, fade or skip. Buy this pen because it should be in your office.
5. Premium Gel Ink Roller Ball Pens
It is a pen that writes longer than the average of the top rated pens. Its rubber tip is contoured so that it can give you an excellent comfort while you are writing. It also comes in a box of twelve with black ink added for you to use. This ink is also dynamic as it gives out smooth writing and smear-proof.
6. BIC Round Stic Xtra Life Ball Pen
If you were looking for the number one selling pen in the world, you have landed at the best place. This pen even writes 40% longer on average than the leading competitor. It also has a silver cap and a translucent barrel for visible ink supply. Buy this pen and it will write for the first time and every time.
7. Stylus Pens Cambond® 5Pcs 2 in 1 Click Stylus & Ballpoint Pen
Manufacturers have used the latest fiber to make a pen that will give you a smoother slide and high sensitivity than ever. The durable conductive fiber hybrid tip protects your touch screen surface from scratches and allows you to type accurately and without any problem. They will make it simple for you to pick a movie, draw a picture and bars you from keeping your fingertips from off your glossy screen.
8. CulaLuva Gel Ink Pens
These are wonderful pens to write with because they give you a smooth writing experience that will make you never to use any other pen apart from it. When you buy this set, you will get 59 different colors and types of gel pens. This means when you buy this set, you will have a bigger choice and range to show off your artwork to your friends.
9. Syringe Shot Design Pens
This is a real shot in the arm and make for an extremely original party favor. Don’t confuse these pens with syringes, they are strictly writing utensils and effective at that. Everyone is rushing out to buy these pens and in no a short time, they might be over, rush and buy some.
10. Pilot Metropolitan Fountain Pen
These pens have been designed with writing experience and quality. Its writing instruments feature durable brass barrels, premium matte finishes, and polished accents that give it a pure sophistication. It is designed for those who love and appreciate to have an exceptional writing experience. If you are one, don’t hesitate to buy it.
11. Lamy Safari Fountain Pen
It is made of a sturdy ABS plastic with a shiny chrome and polished nib that can be used with a modified Z24 converter. This is a starter pen that is designed to last for your entire life once you buy it. It uses ink well and won’t leave any linkages on the papers.
12. Teviwin Stylus pen
This pen uses the latest technology that has been invented. It works well for touching screens of digital products. It has been confirmed to work smoothly and serve with durable quality. With a ball pen and a clip on the pen, it is more convenient and practical for use.
13. Pilot Collection Fountain Pen
This is a fresh and modern pen that delivers a refined style. This pen is also available in three sophisticated colors, which are black, champagne gold, and burnished silver. This is the perfect gift you can offer to your rich friends or family member. It is really a pen that redefines what an entry pen is.
14. Gel Pens 24 Colored Pens with Bonus 24 Gel Ink Refills
Those that have lived in the 80s and 90s know what we are talking about. Unleash your inner creative being and doodle around town leaving all those that come across you with desire and anxiety. This new pen is ideal for doing various jobs, from writing to scrapbooking, to making of handicraft gift crafts, among others.
15. Stylus Pen CCIVV Multicolor Crystal Stylus Pen and Ballpoint
These pens have been designed with a dual function, a pen and a capacitive stylus pen that is more practical and useful. It is congruous with all capacitive touch screen, and its durable, and soft rubber tips protect your screen. The ballpoint pen writes quickly and has a clip designed for it so that it is easily carried around.
16. Pilot G2 Retractable Premium Gel
If you have never discovered a smooth and comfortable pen, try this one, and you won’t ever turn back. It lasts 2X longer than the ordinary pen. It includes four point sizes and fifteen color options to choose from, and multiple barrel styles to suit you in every situation.
Don’t wait for people to tell you how strong and durable these pens are, infant you are the one that needs to be telling them how important it is to acquire these pens. They are cheap but sturdy and are designed to live long. I have acquired several of them, and people have already branded me sweet names. Where are you? Buy yours and see how you will have a lot of followers.
17. Fiskars Gel Pen 48-Piece Value Set
The Fiskars Gel Pen comes with a big pack, consisting of 48 pens of different colors. If you need a variety of pens for drawing or crafting, this pack should be best. On the other hand, this pack has been bought quite a lot, and from the customer reviews, some said they like to buy this for their kids when they learn drawing.
18. Pilot FriXion Clicker Retractable Erasable Gel Pens, Fine Point, 7 Pack, Assorted Colors (31472)
This Pilot FriXion pen is a very specially made pen. It comes in 7 pens per pack, and all the pens are with gel ink which is erasable. That is the unique feature of this Pilot Frixion. To me, this is the first time I ever hear a pen with an eraser, but it really does. In case these pens run out of ink, you as well can refill it. It is not necessary at all to buy a new one.
19. Pilot G2 Retractable Premium Gel Ink Roller Ball Pens, Fine Point, Blue, Box of 12 (31021)
With a box of 12 pens, this Pilot G2 roller ball pens are very amazing. It has got almost 2000 customer reviews. That means the buying statistics is much more beyond. Even better, among all those customer reviews, the majority of the customers have liked and feedbacked this pen very positive. It is really one of the best writing pens on the market.
20. BIC 4-Color Ball Pen, Medium Point (1.0mm), Assorted Ink, 3-Count
BIC is a great brand of ball pens sold in the market right now. For this version, it has two in its beautiful package. Each of this pen has 4 colors you can choose. So, for one reason, it is very convenient to use because either one is not working properly or you often want to change color immediately, you do not have to change this pens at all. It is available in a 1.0 mm as well as the 0.8 mm.
21. Pentel EnerGel Deluxe RTX Gel Ink Pens, 0.7 Millimeter Metal Tip, Assorted Colors, 6 Pack (BL77BP6M)
Pentel is a brand name of a very good pen companies. Many of its versions and models have been supported greatly from the market. It is simply because it has a good quality but with an affordable price. For this specific model, it was made as a 0.7 mm, and for one package, there are six pens in different colors.
22. Pilot Precise V5 Stick Rolling Ball Pens, Extra Fine Point, Black Ink, Dozen Box (35334)
This is another pen from Pilot, called the Pilot Precise V5. It comes in 12 per pack with a price of around 10$. Its customer review rate is also quite high. From more than 200 reviews, it receives 4.5 stars out of 5. More importantly, it was produced with a unique ink which makes it very smooth when writing.
23. Uni-ball Stick Micro Point Roller Ball Pens, 12 Black Ink Pens (60151)
Uni-ball is another incredible brand, offering roller ball pens now on the market. This Uni-ball stick micro point roller pens are said by the customers that it is very smooth and good just like the fountain pens.
24. Pentel R.S.V.P. Ballpoint Pen, 0.7mm Fine Tip, Black Ink
Another Pentel pen to consider is the Pentel R.S.V.P ballpoint pen. It has 12 pens within a box with 7 different colors. Its design has also been a plus for customers. It supports balance, smoothness and comfort when writing. With its overall quality, this Pentel pen is very durable.
25. LolliZ Gel Pens 48 Gel Pen Tray Set
The LolliZ Gel Pens is another big pack with up to 48 pens with a variety of colors. So far, this pack has often been quite popular as it can be used for writing, drawing, coloring and sketching. Because of its various colors, kids could release their creativity easily when these pens are around. That is why this is also a good pen gift for kids.
26. Fisher Space Pen Bullet Space Pen with Clip – Matte Black, Gift Boxed (400BCL)
This Fisher Space pen is a stand alone pen. Its full body is designed in black looks very premium. Its price is also a bit higher than the rest. As tested, this pen is built to stand well in extreme temperatures. A lifetime guarantee is also added to the product.
Amazon Best Sellers: Ballpoint Pens
- Writes 40% longer on average than the leading competitor
- #1 Selling Ball Pen
- Writes First Time, Every Time!®
- Frosted cap and translucent barrel for visible ink supply
- Flexible round barrel for writing comfort
- #1 Selling Ball Pen*...
- Writes 90% longer on average than Papermate InkJoy 100 Ball Stick Pen (Paper Mate and InkJoy are...
- Flexible round barrel for writing comfort
- Reliable tungsten carbide ball spreads ink smoothly and consistently
- Translucent barrel shows the ink level
- Ballpoint pen with bold 1.4mm point helps you confidently communicate your thoughts
- Soft grip for comfortable everyday writing
- Reliably vivid ink brightens up your notes
- Convenient retractable design and color-matching barrels
- Black, Blue, Red, Green, Purple, Orange, Magenta, Turquoise, Lime, Brown, Navy and Plum ballpoint...
- Four color (black, blue, red, green) convenience in one pen
- Perfect for recording data in different colors
- Features lanyard hole
- Available in 1.0 mm medium and 0.8 mm fine point
- Smooth writing ink glides on easily
- Sturdy metal clip for clipping pen to pockets, notebooks and more
- No refillable
- 1.0mm medium point black smooth ink for a smooth, skip-less writing experience
- Vivid, reliable black ink and solid pen construction makes for great everyday writing
- Soft, latex-free rubberized grip enables a comfortable writing experience
- Retractable ballpoint pen, with convenient pocket clip allows for quick and easy access
- Ideal to use in a notebook, journal, planner, legal pad, on invitation cards and almost any paper...
- Package Includes: 6 Non-Bleed Fine Point Pens (0.7mm)
- Assorted Vibrant Colors: Black, Green, Orange, Pink, Blue And Purple
- No Bleed Through Any Paper Including Magazines And Bibles. No Smear, Smooth, And Fast Dry
- Perfect For Color Coding, Journaling, Memorizing Your Bible Or Other Books
- Draw Smooth, Skip-Free Lines And Crisp, Consistent Lettering
- ZEBRA CUSTOM BULK PACK OF 24 PENS - 12 Black and 12 Blue ink pen included in set, Zgrip, 1mm medium...
- Highly Recommended for business executive, Soft, latex-free rubberized grip provides increased...
- Convenient metal pocket clip for quick, easy access, and to ensure you never lose your favorite pen...
- Vivid, reliable assorted color gel ink and solid pen construction make for a great everyday writing...
- Ideal to use in a notebook, journal, planner, legal pad, on invitation cards and almost any paper...
- A bolder version of the classic BIC Cristal pen
- 1.6mm bold point creates vivid lines that stand out on the page
- Translucent smoked barrel allows easy monitoring of remaining ink supply
- Easy-Glide System ink delivers smooth ink flow and creates bold, vivid lines (Easy-Glide is only...
- Hexagonal barrel is roll-proof and rests comfortably in hand
- #1 selling ballpoint pen* *source: the npd group, Inc./Retail tracking service/U.S. Actual unit...
- Writes 90% longer on average than papermate InkJoy 100 ballpoint pen
- Our quality comes in writing!
- Frosted cap and translucent barrel for visible ink supply for ballpoint pens
- Flexible round barrel for writing comfort
Amazon Best Sellers: Calligraphy Pens
- Contains both the soft and hard tip Fudenosuke Brush Pens
- Features a flexible brush tip for different lettering and drawing techniques
- Create extra-fine, fine or medium strokes by a change in brush pressure
- Great for calligraphy and art drawings
- Soft tip and hard tip- water-based, pigmented black ink
- Pigma micron ink pen set
- Experience smooth, skip-free writing and crisp ink colors that leave consistent lettering and lines...
- Nib sizes for precise line width are 0.20mm, 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm, 0.45mm and 0.50mm respectively
- Achieved universal appeal and is carried by technical professionals, artists and crafters
- Available in 6-piece per pack and black color
- Fine point pen ideal for drawing and writing
- Archival quality ink for use in acid-free environments
- Chemically stable, waterproof, and fade resistant
- No smears, feathers, or bleed-through on most papers
- Includes 1 of each size: #005 (0.20mm), #01 (0.25mm), #02 (0.30mm), #03 (0.35mm), #05 (0.45mm), #08...
- Amazing Quality for the Money: Try them & see for yourself. These premium paint pens offer richer...
- Endless Creative Options: Use your Arteza Paint Brush Pens with water to create delicate watercolor...
- Mess-Free Watercolors: These paint markers give you precision control, so you can easily do...
- Like Real Brushes (Only Better): Each brush pen has a soft, supple tip made of durable nylon brush...
- Safe, Nontoxic & Guaranteed: ACMI-certified for safety, your Arteza painting & drawing pens come...
- BEST QUALITY & BEAUTIFUL DESIGN. Vivid, highly pigmented acrylic ink dries quickly to produce a very...
- MULTI- PURPOSE. Enjoy creating art projects on virtually any surface: fabric, textile, canvas,...
- GREAT FOR CERAMIC, GLASS, PORCELAIN. Create stunning custom mugs and other personalized gifts for...
- MEDIUM POINT: Broad tipped markers can be too wide, and it takes forever to create and fill in a...
- ACRYLIC INK: 12 vibrant, non-toxic, no odor colors; gold, silver, black, brown, orange, green,...
- Ideal for Adult Coloring Books, Glass, Scrapbooking, Cardstock, Sketchpad, Scrapbooking
- Rich Metallic color, fine metallic marker pen for Adult Coloring Books, Color Calligraphy
- 10 Assorted Color, Gold, Silver, White, Pink, Olive, Green, Blue, Black, Purple and Brown
- Non-toxic and no ink-dry with new and evolutionary metallic ink for your calligraphy on Black...
- Fine tips can bring out a stable and uniform calligraphy line for our crafted drawing
- Fine tip : 0.9Mm-1.3mm line
- Natural 7 colors set : pastel Yellow, pastel orange, pastel green, pastel purple, sky blue, light...
- Non toxic water based paint marker
- DUAL TIP DESIGN: Flexible brush tips(1-5mm) and firm fine tips(1-2mm) in one marker. This convenient...
- VIBRANT COLORS, SMOOTH FLOW: The smooth flow of marker pens accommodate all graphic styles, no...
- HIGH QUALITY AND SAFE: Aen Art 18-pack dual brush pens is made of water-based ink which is Acid-Free...
- EASY TO CARRY AND ORGANIZE: Color-coded caps for ease in organization and quick selection of the 18...
- SATISFACTORY SERVICE GUARANTEE: Get fast delivery directly from Amazon warehouse, no need to wait a...
- 20 PREMIUM COLORS: Set comes with 20 assorted vibrant colors that are water based, blendable,...
- REAL BRUSH TIP: Flexible nylon strands allow for broad and fine strokes while maintaining their form
- HIGH QUALITY AND DURABLE: Pens are carefully constructed for durability, ease of use and control...
- PORTABLE: No hassle, no mess, easy art on the go with a convenient storage case
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Backed by our manufacturer 30 Day money back Guarantee
- 4 x Classic Style Calligraphy Pens, 1x Tin Box package
- 5 x Nib Grades - extra fine, fine, medium, broad and extra broad，satisfying your basic practice
- 20 x Ink Cartridges - 2 x brown, green, pink, orange and yellow. 5 x black and blue
- 1 x pen converter in case of running out of the ink cartridges
- Pump for bottled Ink Introduction Booklet & Exercise Booklet
Buying Guide to Choose the Best Pens
Buying Guide on How to choose the best Pen for Writing
Have you ever found yourself attached to a pen? Well, I have always had that sentimental attachment to pens and the written word. However, the world of pens can be intimidating. It’s a unique and mysterious world that has its own vernacular. This guide is a means to help you know how you can separate the facts from fiction and get yourself the best pen for writing.
Different types of pens
This pen is created using a piece of reed or bamboo. It comes with a split nib that helps the ink get to the pen’s point. This type of pen is the oldest and was used during the 4th century BC.
This is a pen made using a large bird’s flight feather. These pens replaced the reed ones and were used between the 6th-19th centuries in the western world.
This pen is similar to the quill, but its nib and handle are metallic. Just like the quill, it doesn’t have an ink reservoir, and one has to dip it from time to time. The pen is ideal for writing, comics, and calligraphy.
This pen has a reservoir for liquid ink. The ink flows from the reservoir through a feed and manages to get to the point by gravity and capillary action.
Ball point pen
This pen leaves a mark on the writer’s surface because the ink is dispensed from the reservoir via a metal ball placed at the point.
Benefits of using the best pens
The best pens will always make you feel good as you write. They have comfortable grip sections. You will not have to pressurize yourself to write, and the writing properties will be the same.
How to choose the best fountain pen
Consider the following factors when choosing a fountain pen:
Nib type: This is the first thing you need to look at as you pick a pen. It determines how the pen will write.
Tip size: The tip size of the nib will determine the wideness of the line a pen will make. A tip can be fine, extra fine, medium, or broad. If you have a small handwriting, consider choosing a fine nib but if your writing is large, opt for a broad or medium nib.
The system for filling ink: Although all fountain pens will use ink, the ink isn’t filled in the same way. Your choice will be determined by convenience, ink capacity, and ink color options.
Cartridge: Fountain pens have cartridges that are convenient and simple. They can be used to limit the ink color choices.
Body design: Fountain pens are designed in all sizes and shapes. The design of the body will not affect how you’ll write. However, opt for a pen that is attractive and comfortable.
Size: The size of a pen should match your hand. Using a fountain pen that is extremely large or small will cause hand fatigue.
Main drawbacks about the best fountain pens
Fountain pens should be used regularly. If you are sure that you’ll not use the pen for a while, consider emptying the ink and flushing it with water until the discoloration disappears.
I hope that this guide will go a long way in helping you choose the ideal pen. Ensure you take the time to understand the basics of each brand and type before purchasing it so as to get a pen that suits your needs.