Many universities in the US now allow students to carry concealed personal firearms, and if you attend one of these high institutions then you will surely want to carry protection so consider these top 10 best bullet proof backpacks. Buy a bullet proof backpack for yourself or as a gift to protect someone special. These days, you never know what can happen so better be prepared. In case of emergency, a bullet proof backpack could save your life or someone else’s.
Benefits of BulletProof Backpack
- STUDENTS/TEACHERS: You will feel better knowing that your student is carrying a bullet proof backpack for protection. A teacher can also benefit from one of these, in case of unforeseen circumstances. This is a great shield to have if you ever have to shelter in place.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT & FIRST RESPONDERS: Security personnel may come under fire at any time, so why not carry an extra level of protection whether you are on-duty or off. These bulletproof backpacks “have your back” wherever you go! Yet they are are inconspicuous and they look like normal regular backpacks so as not to call attention to yourself.
- HUNTERS & OUTDOORSMEN: Accidents can also happen out in the woods and wilderness. If you are hunting or are in any way concerned about stray bullets while you are in the outdoors, then you should definitely want to take a bullet proof backpack along. Whether you are the accidental target or caught in the crossfire or at the wrong end of a cross-bow, a bullet proof backpack could save the day.
Types of BulletProof Backpacks
Bulletproof backpacks are considered a type of “soft body armor”, as opposed to a hardened solid shell.
- INTEGRATED BACKPACK: This is the regular looking backpack that has a bullet proof shield, usually Kevlar, sewn in and integrated right into the pack.
- SHIELD/PANEL INSERT: If you already have a backpack, you can insert a separate bullet proof shield into the main pocket of your backpack, to turn any backpack into a bullet proof backpack. Now, these may come with different levels of protection, but they are still a great choice, rather than going “bare-back”.
- TACTICAL BACKPACK: These backpacks will tend to look more like military style designs, and are more rugged and may have extra pockets, attachments, and features. These are great for professionals or law enforcement.
Bulletproof Backpack Buying Guide – Ballistic Protection Levels
When choosing the best bulletproof backpack for your needs, probably the main consideration is what level of protection will it provide? Here is a buying guide to help you choose the right bulletproof backpack and panel insert. The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) defines a rating system to classify the various body armor types according to different levels of ballistic protection that they provide. There is a range of levels of protection, from minimal to very high-strength.
- NIJ Level I. This is the lowest level of protection, usually based on early generation of materials technology. These may be bulkier and heavier materials. Still, some protection is better than none, but if you have a choice it is recommended to avoid Level 1 and go for the higher-level protection.
- NIJ Level II-A. This is the minimum level of protection that most professionals would recommend these days. This is generally adequate for the majority of threats you’ll encounter on the street, though would sustain some blunt trauma injury compared to higher Level II or III-A. This is the thinnest layer, and provides the best comfort. Among pros, Level II-A has fallen out of favor.
- NIJ Level II. This level provides a great balance of features, protection against blunt trauma, versus cost, versus thickness and comfort. Yet it is still thin enough for concealed wear. Level II will be a great choice for most users.
- NIJ Level III-A. The is generally the highest level protection rating of soft body armor, that also gives the highest blunt trauma protection. This is the best choice for very high-risk situations, and will cover many unusual threats.
TODAY’S Top 10 Amazon Best Sellers: BulletProof Backpacks
This list is updated DAILY, to provide you the ranked list of the best selling BulletProof Backpacks on Amazon today. Based on actual best seller rank, these are the BulletProof Backpacks that so many other consumers consider to be their top picks. You might want one of these yourself.
- Official NIJ Level III A Certified for bulletproof protection
- Auxiliary multimedia connection from inside the backpack to the outside shoulder strap for music and...
- Enhanced Comfort Padding - Added support on back and shoulder straps for ultimate comfort,...
- Over 20 interior and exterior organizational panels, including tablet/laptop pocket
- Weighs only ounces more than non-armored backpacks
- NIJ IIIA Rated Protection
- ARAMID Kevlar
- 16H x 12W x 0.5D in
- Flexible, Lightweight, Removable BackPack Insert
- 12 x 18" Over 200 SQ Inches of Ballistic Protection
- Level IIIA Protection
- Only Adds 22 Ounces to the Backpack
- Combination SwissGear Pack and Removable Bulletproof insert.
- Accepts Laptops to 15" and is includes Multimedia Ready.
- Includes TuffyPacks 12x18" Lightweight Removable Bulletproof Insert
- Molded "AirFlow" Back Design for Comfort and Durability.
- 5 Year Warranty on TuffyPacks Best Selling Type IIIA Panel Insert.
- Woven Kevlar designed to defeat handgun rounds up to 44 mag
- A great option for Bank drop bags backpacks and briefcases
- Designed to be lightweight and reliable suitable for Day to Day Use
- NIJ IIIA Rated Protection
- ARAMID Kevlar
- Multi-Compartment Backpack
- Comfortable and Lightweight
- Carrying Handle and Padded Shoulder Pads
- Adjustable Velcro straps
- Padded Foam for CQB Protection
- One size fits most
- Level 3 MOLLE-compatible tactical backpack
- Two main compartments and large exterior pockets
- Multiple attachment points for additional pouches
- Molded back panel that promotes air circulation
- Hydration pouch compatible (bladder sold separately)
- 100% KEVLAR 7-oz weight
- Comfortable knit construction with double layer thickness
- Stretch one-size-fits-all design
- 7 3/4" high for full neck protection
- The fast acting QuikClot Advanced Clotting Sponge uses zeolite, a common mineral, to help blood clot...
- The safe and effective clotting beads are contained in a sterile, non-adherent mesh bag.
- The bag is easy to apply and easy to remove.
- U.S. military proven.
- Trusted and relied on by healthcare professionals, emergency medical responders, law enforcement and...
Editor’s Picks: Best Bulletproof Backpacks and Inserts for 2016
Official NIJ Level III A Certified for bulletproof protection
Auxiliary multimedia connection from inside the backpack to the outside shoulder strap for music and hands free phone usage
Enhanced Comfort Padding – Added support on back and shoulder straps for ultimate comfort, durability and longevity
Over 20 interior and exterior organizational panels, including tablet/laptop pocket
Weighs only ounces more than non-armored backpacks