Every avid traveler and outdoor enthusiast needs a survival backpack, so here’s a buying guide to help you find the best tactical backpack. With hundreds of options available in the market, choosing something that suits your needs can prove a hassle. In this post, we strive to provide you with all the information on how to choose the best tactical backpack.
Buying Guide On How To Choose The Best Tactical Backpack
What is a tactical backpack? Unlike regular backpacks, these backpacks rely on functional characters to offer massive versatility. They tend to be stronger and more durable that regular backpacks. As such, they are trusted by hikers, backpackers, travelers and even the military to survive all kinds of challenging situations. They come in various types including tactical assault packs, tactical rucksacks, tactical range backpacks and tactical hydration packs just to name a few.
Here’s a great video that provides more info.
Benefits of owning a tactical backpack
There are many benefits of using this backpack including:
- Compartmentalization and organization: Survival backpacks are the kings when it comes to organization. They come with compartments that allow you to organize your belongings efficiently.
- Durable materials: These backpacks are usually made from some of the most durable materials, thus serving you for years to come.
- Comfort: These backpacks are far more comfortable compared to regular backpacks.
- Capacity: The ability to store plenty of stuff is another reason why you should invest in a survival backpack. This dispels the worry of using two bags on your endeavors.
How to choose the best tactical backpack
There are several factors that you should keep in mind as they help narrow down your choices, which is particularly important given the vast choices available in the market.
This is the most important thing to consideration when it comes to purchase of survival backpacks. Despite being rugged and sturdy, these backpacks are more comfortable compared to regular ones. There are changes that you will be using your backpack for extended periods of time and in such cases, comfort will make all the difference.
Keep the following features in mind when determining the comfort level of preferred backpacks.
- Air channels allow air to circulate between the backpack and your back.
- The lumbar strap runs along the hip, thus taking away stress from the shoulders.
- The sternum strap runs across from one shoulder to the other, thus evening out the load and taking pressure off your shoulders. It is a big plus especially if you carry heavy loads.
- Extra wide straps help distribute more evenly.
2. Compartments and organization
If you are anything like, organization is of uttermost importance to you. You need to be able to access your things easily without having to unpack everything. Something with multiple compartments will come in handy.
3. Construction material
Your backpack should be made from a durable, sturdy and lightweight material. Most backpacks are constructed using one of four materials i.e. canvas, rip-stop nylon, polyester and nylon. Canvas is an all-natural material and the heaviest of the four. Rip-stop nylon is stronger than regular nylon, an artificial and durable material. Polyester is a synthetic fabric that is weaker than nylon.
This is another important consideration as the more capacity a backpack has, the more gear you can carry. Consider the length of your trips as well as the kind of gear you will need to determine how much backpack capacity you require. Keep in mind that a larger capacity may mean a heavier load. The last thing you need is a backpack that’s too small to accommodate your necessities or a bulky backpack with an enormous amount of space that you really don’t need. I personally use a 30 liter backpack for day trips and at least 40 liter backpacks for longer trips.
- See Also: Top 10 Bulletproof backpacks
- See Also: Top 10 Tactical Flashlights
Main drawbacks about tactical backpacks
Like most things that have benefits and drawbacks, these backpacks have their fair share of disadvantages. For starters, their advanced features means that they are more expensive compared to regular backpacks. In addition, they are considerably heavier even when empty. This makes them unsuitable for daily use.
Knowing what you know now, you can now get started on your search for the best tactical backpack. There are many places you can find quality backpacks and the YouTube Video gives you additional guidance for your search.
Top 10 Best Sellers Tactical Backpacks on Amazon
If you are interested in shopping, below is the current list of the BEST SELLERS on Amazon.com in the category of Tactical Backpacks. Note that this list is updated DAILY, based on actual sales data. So you can be sure these are really great choices, based on what many other consumers have chosen.
[amazon bestseller=”tactical backpacks”]