The most common challenge that people I talk to face is how to incorporate fitness into their lives and kickstart their personal fitness program. They know they have to do something to get in shape but they really don’t know how. It can be discouraging because of the abundance of information out there which is confusing. You may be overwhelmed so much that you may not know where to begin.
Our society has so many food choices that it is easy to pack on the extra pounds. Also our day to day jobs are less physical as they where 100 years ago so we have more sedentary life styles. We know there are benefits involved when we exercise and cleaning up or diet. However, most of us know don’t know how or where to start.
Fitness Program DVDs on Amazon
First, to help you along, below are some top selling fitness program DVDs that will coach you and help keep you moving in the right direction.
- Body Groove
- EASY - These simple chair exercises are easy to follow, and perfect for seniors or beginners! They...
- EFFECTIVE - This DVD may also start to relieve pains associated with arthritis, back pain, and...
- TOP RATED - Recommended by Doctors all over the United States.
- WORKOUTS - Foundation - Cardio - Core - Balance - Yoga
- PLUS - Working out with Deron helps you lose weight in a fun and effortless way.
- Move alongside Beto Perez, creator of the Zumba program, as he teaches you the basic Zumba steps
- Two easy-to-follow workouts in 1 DVD; 30-minute class
- Step by Step- Learn the basic steps of the 4 core rhythms in a Zumba class
- Dance yourself fit w/ this 5 DVD total-body workout! High-energy bursts help burn fat by combining...
- Burn up to 1000 calories with Super Cardio Dance Party, Latin and Global Burst DVDs feat. cardio...
- Get ready to sweat your butt off w/ Zumba Max DVD, a super high-energy live class, feat. crazy-fun...
- See results fast, feel more confident and transform yourself into a happier, healthier you. Feat. a...
- SOLE CONTROL WRAPS: Slip 'em on over your favorite sneakers to increase your range of movement and...
- Body Groove
- Shed fat, build lean muscle and tone your body in about 35 minutes a day with XTFMAX
- A 90 day program that includes 12 workouts on 12 DVDs, Nutrition Plan, Training Guide and Training...
- XTFMAX sculpts muscles, builds strength and flexibility with fat-burning workouts designed to...
- Each workout features modifications and levels from 1 (beginners) to 4 (advanced) so everybody can...
- Stephanie Oram will get you sweaty, keep you motivated, and deliver results while having fun doing...
- 60 min high intensity workout with a bonus 20 min workout
- Burn more calories when you workout out to perfectly sync'd music
- Proven to burn almost 2x the calories post-class
- Get an hour's results in just 25 minutes a day with FOCUS T25
- Includes 11 nonstop 25-minute workouts on 9 DVDs, Quick-Start Guide, Nutrition Plan, Workout...
- Major studies have shown that 30 minutes of exercise can be just as effective at burning fat and...
- With FOCUS T25, you need to work out just 25 minutes a day to get in the best shape of your life
- So push Play and focus for 25 minutes and get it done!
- Zumba Fitness (01/13/2017)
- Running time: 54 min
- Kass Martin, Steve Boedt, Ricardo Marmitte
Kickstart your Fitness Program
So where do we begin? Or is the question: How do we begin? The very first thing you need do is go to your doctor and get the approval to start exercising. Your doctor may also provide some helpful tips as well.
After you get the “OK” from your doctor, try these 5 things to help you get started:
1. Make the Choice to Start Exercising and Eating Right
Making the decision to do something provides a form of commitment you made to your self. Deciding that you need to change behavior creates new possibilities. When you say to your self “I need to get in shape”, it means something. You should be answering these questions in your mind: When can I work out? What exercises do I need to do? What foods should I be eating? Make your self think about the commitment you just made. Only then you can let go of the past and take steps to move forward.
2. Write Down What You Do
You need a reference that is realistic towards your weekly activity. Write down everything you do during the week. This should include work hours, commuting hours, nights spent with your spouse, your child’s activities and anything else you can think of that you do. You should also include what you do on weekends. You should make a list for each day of the week. Here’s why…..
Some people set lofty goals like working out for 2 hours a day. This can be due to an old saying, “More is Better”. However, this is not the case. Knowing your schedule will help you set realistic goals and help you find a few hours a week to start exercising. You’ll have a visual perspective on what you can and can’t do with your routine.
3. Research and Get Information
Most people do not have enough information before they start a work out program. So how do we get the information we need? The good news is we live in the information age. Take advantage of your favorite search engine and learn a little bit about fitness and nutrition. However, do not go overboard and lose focus. Find a source of information you like and take notes. Find the simplest and easiest workouts and nutrition tips. Don’t over load yourself with information.
If you have the money, hire a personal trainer for a few sessions to help you get started. Hiring a personal trainer is a great way to get started because you have made a commitment to meet someone to workout. Your goal is to have the trainer show you the basics on exercise and eating healthier. It may also be safer to learn how to perform the exercises (especially if you have not exercised for a while).
4. Create a Simple Plan and Set Realistic Goals
Keep it Simple! Following a simple plan while on a hectic schedule is much easier than following an elaborate plan. You should have a plan of which days you want to work out and one goal to change your eating habits for the next few weeks. For example, “I will work out for a half an hour for 3 days this week. I will eat a little less each meal.” Simple is success.
5. Execute Your Plan
Now that you have a plan, all you need to do is follow it. This is another big step. You should look at your plan every day upon waking. You need be mentally prepared for the great day ahead of you. Having your daily schedule in hand will help you achieve your goals for the day. When you complete your workout for the day, highlight it or cross it off your list. It will show you that you accomplished something for yourself. No matter what you must execute. This will be the hardest (and most rewarding) step.
I hope these things help you get started on a new life of physical fitness. Life is filled with making decisions, knowing your commitments, getting information, planning and execution. Try these approaches for yourself and you will see that having your own workout and nutrition program is not as far fetched or complicated as you think.