Throughout 2014, there has been a wide range of surface roughness testers being used worldwide but choosing the best one can be tricky. Throughout this piece we will be looking at the Top 10 Best Surface Roughness Tester in 2014’, as well as why they are one of the best and where you can find them. Therefore, let us jump right in.
10. Gowe Portable Surface Roughness Tester Surface Profile Gauge
– This particular product is great for carrying around as it small in size and very lightweight. This item is extremely easy to use and can be used for both metal and non-metal surfaces. It is a great piece to have if you are working on a construction site.
9. Starrett SR200 Surface Roughness Tester
This piece is perfect for people who plan on bringing this while on the go. The screen is quite big therefore there will be no issues in reading what is being said on the device. It also comes with a wide range of options for different parameters as well as the ability to measure a total of ten different roughness parameters by using an LCD screen. It can store as many as 100 readings as well as a cable and usb port to extrate any data you have saved.
8. Mitutoyo 178-561-02A Surftest SJ-210 Surface Roughness Tester
This next device is handheld and is used to measure roughness in a wide range of areas such as manufacturing, metalwork, etc. This piece is dust and water resistant and has a large screen to ensure you can read the results correctly. A total of 10,000 results can be stored in this device and you have the option of choosing between sixteen different languages.
7. Starrett SR100 Surface Roughness Tester
This device is also handheld and also comes with a large LCD screen. It is also used to measure in areas such as quality control and manufacturing. It comes with a five second cycle time and each result you have taken is saved up until your next measurement.
6. SRT-6210 Digital Portable Surface Roughness Tester Meter
This product comes with a rechargeable battery as well as having a high capacity control circuit. It can save up to seven measurement groups therefore you can extract your data you have saved onto your computer when it is needed.
5. Mitutoyo 178-581-02A Surftest SJ-411 Surface Roughness Tester
This device has a 5.7 inch coloured screen as well as a printer that will display your results with a graph analysis. It can save up to ten sets of measurement and comes with a usb in order to extract the data you have saved onto your computer.
4. Brown and Sharpe TESA 06930013 Portable Surface Roughness Tester
This device can be used in a variety of areas such as metalwork and manufacturing. It can save up to twenty measurement including graphs and a full profile. It also comes with a usb port to extract your data to your computer.
3. Fowler X-Pro Portable Surface Roughness Tester
2. Phase II SRG-2000 Portable Surface Roughness Tester Profilometer
This device is perfect for using on shop floors. It also comes with a large screen that will show you the parameters such as Ra, Rq, Rt, and Rz. It can also be used on a wide range of surfaces such as cones, cylinders, etc.
1. Mitutoyo Surftest SJ-412 Surface Roughness Tester
This item comes with a 5.7 inch LCD coloured screen and it is extremely easy to use. It comes with four functions as well as a usb to transfer any data you have saved onto your computer at a later time. It can hold five profiles and comes with different adjustment levels such as x-axis and tilting adjustment.
As you can see, each of these products has their own features that make them worthwhile. They are extremely easy to use and do exactly what you would look for when purchasing one of these. So choose one of these products today and start making life that extra bit easier.